Thursday 20 August 2015

Birthday Haul

Exactly one week ago I turned seventeen and also received my AS level results - pretty exciting, right? I always love having a sneaky peek at what lovely gifts other people received on their birthday - so today's post is a quick little haul consisting of some of my favourite presents from my friends and family.
lunar look birthday haul
nikon 50mm lens
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens The 'Nifty Fifty' as it's known by photographers everywhere. Every blogger I know who owns a 50mm lens swears by it and says it's the best thing which has dramatically improved their blog images. I am yet to test it out but am super excited to start using it! Eeek.
new look black tote handbag
New Look Black Structured Tote Bag I've been (very sneakily) carrying a cream bag with a huge ink stain down one side of it to sixth form for the past year. Nobody has seemed to notice (or perhaps they're too polite to point it out!) but it was definitely time to get a new one and it was love at first sight when I spotted this in New Look. The bonus: it's black so won't get visibly dirty!

taylor swift incredible things perfume victoria's secret body mist
Victoria's Secret PURE SEDUCTION Body Mist My friend bought me this because my love for Victoria's Secret models is stronger than ever - but it actually smells nice too! It's very fruity (red plum and freesia) which isn't my usual taste in perfume but it's so strong than I really like spraying it in my room before I go to sleep as it makes my bed smell divine. (Is that weird?) It's like laying in the scent of a fresh bubble bath.

Taylor Swift Incredible Things Tay... my ultimate bae. I had no idea what this smelt like beforehand but it actually turned out to be my favourite of hers! (Yes, I have the entire collection.) I find the packaging to be very misleading as it's marketed as a floral/fruity scent but to me it definitely smells very 'masculine'. It's like musky leather - yum.
collection plum lipstick
Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick (Plum Sensation) I am so ready for autumn/winter. This shade looks very dark in the picture but it's actually more red than it appears. I posted an Instagram photo of me wearing it earlier but I'm still not entirely sure I can make it work without looking too vampy.
bob proctor the abcs of success meggie royer poetry book
The ABCs of Success by Bob Proctor Bob Proctor is one of my absolute favourite prosperity teachers. I always keep up to date with his latest talks and videos so I was really excited when I saw he had a new book out. At 81 years old, he is so full of energy and living a life filled with wealth, abundance and gratitude - I am so happy to be able to hear his wisdom through this book.

The No You Never Listened To by Meggie Royer I love poetry and Meggie Royer was one of the first 'Tumblr poets' I fell in love with. I've been a fan of her work for years so I'm looking forward to seeing how much she's progressed in her writing.
back to school stationery
Paperchase Tray Chic Notebook The new term is approaching in September and I should probably work on being a little more organised than last year. I'll definitely be spending that gift card on new stationery and hopefully I'll get round to scheduling blog posts in the pocket diary.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of these products! 
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

7 comments:

  1. OMG I can't express how much I love it all haha great presents, camera related presents are always fab, super cute notebook and I really want to try the VS sprays xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a great birthday haul! Envious of your new lens, and I love the look of both books! x

    Martha Jane | www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing pressies and Happy Birthday hun - I am still hoping to get a 50mm lens - it will be nice for my camera to be a little smaller (well, a little anyway!). Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bags lovely! That notebook is so cool too! Never seen that range before xx

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! paypal login

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig