Thursday 6 August 2015

Farewell Long Hair

This update is a few days late but better that than never, right? Earlier this week I finally had my super long hair all chopped off after at least a year since I last had it cut. My hair grows super fast so the long locks will be back in no time but I’m really loving the way it looks (and feels!) right now.long hair to short hair cut
My long hair was really starting to annoy me, especially when sleeping, as it gets tangled so easily and I end up accidentally getting it wrapped round my neck half the time. Everybody always commented on it, mostly positive compliments, but even then that just made me want to cut it off even more because of all the attention it drew.

Yes, I love being different and don’t care about people’s opinions of me but when people constantly make something as trivial as hair almost a defining part of you, it kinda makes me compelled to shock them by removing that very thing. I can’t explain why. I just don’t really get why people are so concerned over what I do with something on my head. To put it simple: I cut my hair purely because I wanted to at the time that felt right for me, not because anybody asked me to or made me feel like I had to!

Today I encourage all of you to summon up the courage to do that ONE thing you’ve been too afraid to do - whether it be in fear of society’s reaction or simply procrastination… X

3 comments:

  1. It looks so cute shorter, very manageable!

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely after the cut and still long and gorgeous! I hate getting mine done but it's always worth it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing and healthier this way! I went from long hair to lob and it was so hard for me to do that, but I don't regret it at all :) x

    MY CUP OF TEA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig