Tuesday 11 August 2015

17 Life Lessons in 17 Years

I will be turning seventeen this week (13th August if you fancy surprising me!) so I thought it’d be the perfect time to make a little post highlighting some of the most important truths I’ve learnt over the years. I’m definitely the kind of person who’s inclined to question everything and I don’t easily accept the dogmas so many have been blindly conditioned to believe - so these ‘lessons’ are pieces of knowledge that I’ve thoroughly thought about, put into practice, and genuinely have unwavering faith in the power they hold.
pink birthday balloons
source
1) A fact is just a widely-accepted opinion.

2) It is none of my business what other people think of me.

3) Gratitude is the open door to abundance.

4) Nothing is right or wrong; it is only thinking that makes it so.

5) You have absolutely zero control over any other human being besides yourself.

6) Take the road less travelled by and you won’t go far wrong.

7) There are only two emotions - one feels good and the other feels bad.

8) Nobody has ever become poor by giving.

9) We are always given a choice.

10) Time is a man-made construction. The only moment that exists is now.

11) Anyone that ever accomplished anything did not know how they were going to do it. They only knew that they were going to do it.

12) Question everything until you understand WHY it is true.

13) There are no standstills in life. You are either moving closer or further away from your goal.

14) Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. You are eternal life.

15) If the Universe didn’t need you, you wouldn’t be here.

16) Well-Being is the basis of All-That-Is. You only have to allow it like the air you breathe.

17) We are all one.

4 comments:

  1. Some beautiful words here, I can't believe you're only just turning 17! Wise beyond your years definitely applies to you x

    Martha Jane | http://www.marthajanemusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive, beautiful words, this is definitely a bookmark job haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this! hope you have an amazing birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post with lots of positive reminders, exactly what I needed to read! I did a similar post when I turned 17 too, it's simply incredible how much we've learned already and how much we've still got to learn. Really enjoyed reading this!!

    Nabeela :)
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig