Thursday 13 August 2015

A-Level Results Day 2015

The event every sixth form student around the country has been anxiously waiting for - A level results day. This year wasn't *so* important for me compared with other students preparing for uni as I still have another year left, but I was still pretty excited to see my AS grades and find out whether all that hard work paid off.

Firstly, apologies for the poor quality image! It was taken on my phone and doesn't quite transfer well onto desktop.

Mathematics: A 
Further Maths: B
Media Studies: B
English Literature: B

Overall, I'm pretty pleased - especially with my maths grades! I expected to achieve A's in the core modules but getting an A in FP1 and Decision was a bit of a surprise. As you can tell by my results, I really don't get along with Mechanics. I'm happy that I passed both exams but I'm definitely glad that we aren't continuing any of those modules this September.

It's a shame that I was only 3 points away from an A in Media Studies but I can't really complain as I got the grade I wanted in my exam - it was just my coursework that dragged in down. However, I am rather surprised with my English Literature result. This happened before last year in my GCSEs but I managed to get it remarked - I always seem to get the top grade in my coursework and then do painstakingly average in the exam despite getting A's in all my mock essays. I'm definitely going to be querying this one and seeing if it's worth taking any action. Especially considering it's my favourite subject out of them all!

I don't want to seem like I'm complaining as I'm sure I have done relatively well compared to many others. It's just that I have very high expectations of myself and if an A is the highest grade you can achieve - I'm going to be aiming for it. Congrats to everyone else who received their results today!

PS. It's also my birthday today so at least I didn't fail anything / get kicked out of sixth form, right?

Did you get any results today? Celebrate with me in the comments below!
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

3 comments:

  1. Well done!! Amazing maths core marks (I never got on well with mechanics either). Just keep going how you're going and you'll be at uni in no time at all :)

    Fii | little miss fii

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've done amazingly well and should be very proud :) Everyone's grades improve in the second year so you'll defo get those As you want! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your A Level results you've done incredibly well, and happy birthday for yesterday my darling!

    Love, Amie <3 The Curvaceous Vegan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig