Monday 29 February 2016

Word of the Week | SYNESTHESIA

Welcome back to Word of the Week! I hope everyone had a good weekend and is having an even better Monday. 
word of the week synesthesia
SYNESTHESIA
Definition: the production of a sense impression relating to one sense or part of the body by stimulation of another sense or part of the body.

That sounds a bit complicated but the most common form of synesthesia is when someone sees a certain colour in response to a certain letter of the alphabet or number, such as seeing the number 5 as being green. I didn't know there was a word for this until a couple years ago but I have always associated certain colours with each day of the week. Tuesday is red, Saturday is green, Sunday is yellow... I don't know why but they just are and I can't see them any other way!

Have you experienced colour synesthesia before? Let me know in a comment and remember to check back here next Monday for a new word!

TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

7 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig