Thursday 24 December 2015

The Importance of Giving

As Audrey Hepburn once said, as you grow wiser, you will discover that you have two hands: one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. Everybody knows that quote. However, what not many people are aware of is how closely linked the action of giving is to receiving. The universe works in a wonderful way such that givers are ALWAYS gainers, and with this blog post I hope to illustrate how easy it is to not only sow, but also reap.
christmas gift

THE COMMON MISCONCEPTION
Many people believe that when we give to others, only the receiver gains and the giver loses out. This couldn't be further from the truth. When you give to someone else, you set up an energy that is going to come back. When you give freely and joyfully to others you are shouting out to the universe, "I have so much that I can afford to give generously! I'm so happy and grateful to be blessed and bless others with fortune." It's truly a powerful vibration to place yourself in. When you live like this, you automatically become a magnet of abundance and the universe cannot help but return to you what you give out. If you want more love, give some away. I guarantee you'll win.

IT'S ALL IN THE FEELING
We are taught to give and expect nothing in return. While this is partly true - giving should be selfless and unconditional - the true magic of giving lies in the good feeling that accompanies it. Not happiness that comes as a result of the person's reaction or from thinking you've done a 'noble' thing, but the pure joy that is inevitable for anyone who opens themselves up to experiencing the abundant energy of giving. We teach this as choosing to 'feel good first'. Don't do it because you're attached to a certain outcome, but rather simple because you enjoy doing it. The universe often rewards us in unexpected ways! I've read countless stories of people who've found £10 on the sidewalk, gave it to a homeless person and then within 10 seconds won £100 on scratch cards. I don't believe any of that to be a coincidence. Giving to others feels amazing. If it doesn't, you're doing it wrong.

YOU HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH
It's a beautiful moment when you finally realise this. I'm only seventeen and while I'm sure nobody considers me as anywhere near rich, However, I can see that, even with £5 in my purse, I already have more than enough. Approximately 2.7 billion people struggle to survive on less than $2 a day. I see a lot of homeless people and street performers in my town centre and while most people I know feel bitter about giving their hard-earned money away, I know that I will benefit from having the outlook that I can afford to give some change.

'Tis the season for giving after all... Merry Christmas Eve X
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig