Wednesday 30 December 2015

What I Got For Christmas 2015

*insert unapologetic comment about negative reception to these kind of posts here* yeah, yeah, yeah... it's pretentious, selfish, materialistic... whatever. You know where the door is. Now for those who enjoy seeing what lovely things others received for Christmas, here are a few of my gifts which I thought you might like to see:

BEAUTY
collection lasting colour rose wood lipstick
collection lasting colour rose wood lipstick
Collection Lasting Colour Lipstick in Rose Wood - I really love brown/nude lipstick at the moment and I've always been a fan of Collection's inexpensive but long-wearing shades. This particular shade is really subtle and perfect for creating that faux 'no make-up' look.
l'oreal paris brow artist plumper
L'oreal Paris Brow Artist Plumper - I have never done anything to my eyebrows in my life before but I really love the Cara-D-esque bold brow look. This mascara is so quick to use but I did find it easy to over-apply so it's best to start with light strokes and build colour up if necessary. I can't decide if the look suited me or not but nobody came up and said "OMG WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR FACE" so that's a good sign.

TECHNOLOGY
Bluetooth Headphones - I feel like I'm living in the future every time I use these wireless headphones! They're handy since my last pair broke after my kitten chewed through the wire but the constant blue flashing LED on the side of them got on my nerves so much that I did have to cover it up with black tape.
Fujifilm Instant Film - I recently won a Lomography camera but haven't used it yet as I had no film but I'm looking forward to snapping lots of vintage polaroids in 2016.
Wireless Remote Shutter - Probably my favourite gift! I shoot all my outfit photos by myself so it can be tricky to get shots that are in focus whilst you're running back and forth to the tripod with the self-timer on. I did already have a remote shutter that's attached to a one metre length wire but it's not long enough to use with a 50mm lens so this one is basically every blogger's saviour.

BOOKS
matt haig books a boy called christmas the humans
'A Boy Called Christmas' & 'The Humans' by Matt Haig - "Why do you want books you've already read before???" BECAUSE REASONS. Matt Haig is definitely up there on my list of favourite writers and The Humans is probably my fave book, like ever.
FASHION
New Look Cat Purse - I'm SO obsessed with cats I also got some feline themed pyjamas which I couldn't photograph because I'd already worn them.
New Look Socks - It's not really Christmas if you don't get a cute pair of socks, is it? Especially considering most of mine currently have holes in - oops.
Jeans, tops & jumpers - As you can tell, the colour palette of my wardrobe is pretty much monochrome! I didn't photograph the items fully as you'll probably see them in future OOTDS and fashion focused posts.

What lovely gifts did you receive for Christmas? Link me to your posts below!
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

6 comments:

  1. You really did get some lovely gifts - the Collection lippy looks stunning! xo

    Holly | www.thekittyluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Matt Haig before but I'm tempted to read his books now! I got polaroid film too which is fab because it's pretty expensive to buy!

    Happy New Year!
    Niamh x

    niamhsdream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post too :) will be definitely looking in to buying the wireless remote shutter! Genius idea xx Have a fab #NYE - http://thefashionache.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah such lovely gifts! That Collection lipstick looks lovely, I have tried anything from them apart from their concealer. x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Collection lipstick is a beautiful shade. I absolutely love that cat purse, it's sooo cute!! Hope you had a lovely day xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig