Saturday 28 February 2015

Colour Crush | Mint Cream Nails

the body shop mint cream nail polish
I can't help but laugh at the above photos as you'd assume I was sitting in some fancy salon with a professional nail technician when in reality I was just chilling, after a spot of shopping, inside the glamorous location that is a fast food chain. Yes, I received an impromptu McDonald's manicure courtesy of my friend, Seraina, much to everyone else's probable vexation around us (#sorrynotsorry guys) and the results were actually pleasantly surprising.

The nail polish used is from The Body Shop's Colour Crush range in shade 640 Mint Cream and it is just gloriously wonderful for spring. I'm definitely overexcited about the fact that March is nearly upon us, but it's such a rare occurrence for me to find a decent pale nail polish that I just have to marvel at the vibrancy of the finished colour. It did start to chip pretty quickly but since there was only one application sans base coat, there's really nothing to complain about, with its quick-dry effect making it apt for painting on the go (and finishing off greasy finger food!)

There are 29 shades in total and considering I also had  my eye on some gorgeous purple hues so for just £5 a bottle, I'll definitely have to pick some up of my own in the near future. But for now, my colour coordination level is ridiculously high and I'm loving how flawlessly my talons complement my funky Iconomesis Pug Case.

the body shop mint cream nails iconomesis pug iphone case

What nail colours are you loving in preparation for spring?

7 comments:

  1. Love this colour!! One of my absolute favourites for this time of year. Although, I was confused when I first read the title, as I thought you meant 'Mint Green' not 'Cream' but then realised that's actually what the name is haha.

    Great post

    Hana
    rimmelsmudge.blogspot.co.uk
    bloglovin.com/blogs/rimmelsmudge-12176399

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely colour! I'd expect their nailvarnishes are quite good so I'll have to buy some :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. I hope you haven't done this one yet. :) http://beckythewallflower.blogspot.de/2015/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awfully painted, but lovely nail shape and colour

    ReplyDelete

  5. Your blog is amazing! I do really like it! I know how much time it requires, but you did a really good job! Keep doing it!) I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That colour looks gorgeous, it really suits you, also; a mani on the go? Genius idea!
    Sam :)
    Http://samcantfindit.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, love it. I'm glad I'm not the only one who decides to paint their nails in awkward places. That colour is fabulous!

    Samio
    www.samio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig