Tuesday 24 February 2015

GratiTuesday #8


Your favourite day of the week is here... it's time to look back on all the little things in life that we can give thanks to in the past week. If you're feeling especially positive, you can even gain extra brownie points by catching up on all my past GratiTuesday posts here! Keeping it short and sweet today so without further ado, let's get grateful:

Trashy movies
The ones that everyone claims to hate yet secretly can't resist... as much as it pains me to admit, you've gotta love a bit of light entertainment that requires zero use of your brain cells and this week I've indulged in quite a few - including Bad Hair Day, Legally Blondes and The Clique (in case you're looking for recommendations!)

London Fashion Week livestream
Ahh, the most exciting time of the fashion year for not only the designer catwalk, but the wonderfully exuberant British street style too. I'd love to be able to say that I frolicked on the cobbled stones while rubbing shoulders with fellow blogging babes, but alas that would be far from the truth that was actually me lounging on the sofa in my pyjamas. Thankfully I didn't miss out too much thanks to 21st century technology that enables us to experience a fair number of the shows right from the comfort of our homes via a laptop screen. My favourites? Bora Aksu, Topshop Unique and Burberry - plus the super gorgeous model Annika Krijt who keeps catching my eye.

Listening to birds tweeting
This feels like such a strange thing to be thankful for and I fear that the poetical side of me is exposing itself too much, but I implore you, for just a short moment, to simply sit in silence one morning and listen. You will not regret it, I promise. I literally can't fathom any English words to explain the sensation so you honestly will have to trust me and try it yourself.

Getting stuff done
I am the world's #1 procrastinator so moments like this are rare for me. Over the half term I managed to read two lengthy novels (The Kite Runner and Birdsong if anyone's interested) and write a 1500 word essay on one of Wilde's plays - and that's just for English Lit alone. That's pretty impressive and worthy of another week break now, right?

What are you thankful for this week?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

3 comments:

  1. i always love just getting stuff done!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect picks I actually love hearing the birds in the morning, just not the crying seagulls who are eating out of the bins hahah! xxx


    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS LIST! This list is exactly what I love about life too. Especially the birds tweeting, if means that spring is here ❤️ I also love trashy films & do not care who knows it!
    Bee xxx
    QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig