Tuesday 17 February 2015

GratiTuesday #7

girl with ginger cat sleeping on keyboard
When you ignore the fact that I look like a 12-year-old/no-neck monster hybrid, the above photo actually becomes kinda adorable. My cat loves to sleep on my keyboard and while it can be super annoying when you're trying to get an essay written, it's also super sweet and the kind of thing you'd miss if it was suddenly taken away from you. Which is why it makes the perfect image for #GratiTuesday! The weekly series here on Lunar Look that is ALL about appreciating the little things in life that go unnoticed by most. Here's what I've been loving these past 7 days:

Spending the evening reading
Books have always been my favourite thing in this world and there's nothing better than having a reading list which is overflowing with new titles. My mother and I were both reading 'The Kite Runner' (which I've just finished now) and at 1am last night we were sat with our noses buried in the book whilst Classic FM played in the background, which may sound like an extremely pitiful situation but it's actually a really cool thing to do. Trust me, kids.

Crossing the street when the road is empty
There's something really powerful about this occurrence: almost like the Universe has aligned itself in such a flawless way in order to allow you to seamlessly cross the road - something that definitely shouldn't be taken as simply a coincidence. The Universe is always on your side and is actively responding to your every desire. Let this act as a reminder that you - and you only - withhold the inner power to craft your own reality in any colour that you wish.

Trying new things
Four words: chai spice blue charge. It's surprisingly not as vile as it sounds - and for 10p? Yes please. Moral of the story: never judge a book by its cover. Or a drink by its name.

Going to sleep without setting an alarm
Is there any better feeling than this? I think not. God bless half-term; now let the blogathon officially commence...!

What are you thankful for this week?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I've hear The Kite Runner is such an amazing book! I love reading just before bed too - definitely relaxes me and I feel so good afterwards!
    Crossing the road without any cars is a million times safer & yeah, it does feel a bit like a movie!
    Oh gosh, I wish it could be half term everyday! :D
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 
    also on BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY to trying new things seriously, and I want to read the kite runner on my 52 books aim by the end of the year, eep xxx

    Blonde Of Carbs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kinds of posts :) really makes you realise what's important!

    I'm grateful for my family - I don't think I'd have made it through half the things I've been through, without their support.

    I'm grateful for my pets/best friends - I have a kitten called Tinie and although he can be a pain in the butt, he's also the reason I smile most days :) My boyfriend also has a lassie called Ellie who loves to snuggle with me (especially when I'm unwell) and my sister recently got a Labrador called Lexi who I can't get enough of!

    I'm grateful for my boyfriend - he has been amazing what with me starting a blog, as well as moving schools (he's even in my class at college!) so I'm incredibly lucky :) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig