Tuesday 3 February 2015

GratiTuesday #5

Yes, that is a photo of myself spinning dramatically in the wind like a five-year-old last summer. And yes, it just happens to be one of my favourite photos ever.  I feel like it perfectly captures what these GratiTuesday posts are all about - living in the moment and finding joy in your current situation, whatever that may be, with total freedom from the past and unwavering faith in the future. Here are just a few of the wonderful things that have topped my gratitude list over the past seven days:

New month, new beginnings
I've never been one of those 'new year, new me!!!' kind of people, since I firmly believe that there are opportunities for change in every single second that goes by, but there's something so refreshing about flipping your calendar over onto a nice fresh blank page. As you can tell by my URL, I'm pretty obsessed with the moon so keeping track with the lunar orbit is also something that fascinates me about the arrival of a new month.

Walks in the sunshine
In last week's post, I spoke all about my favourite word 'apricity' and it looks like it's going to be making an appearance in this week's list too! It's been so cold and windy lately that even a tiny glimpse of sunshine feels like a dream come true, and there's nothing better than taking time out of your day to truly appreciate it by going on a peaceful walk.

Dance parties in the shower
I feel like this is the kind of thing that needs to come with a 'do not try at home' warning on it, but it's honestly the highlight of my daily routine and I wouldn't have it any other way. I always blast Taylor Swift's album, '1989', for some unknown reason (maybe I'm practising for when I see her again in June?!) but Tay will always be my ultimate fave and there's something about her lyrical pop anthems that make it the perfect empowering playlist.

Receiving lovely blog comments
Genuine comments on blog posts are swiftly becoming a rarity these days. It really is a nice change to read a comment that shows more insight than a simple 'nice post!' from someone who clearly hasn't even read the post properly. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate every single view and comment I receive, but it's definitely an extra nice surprise to see a well thought out and honest response to a piece of writing you poured hours of effort into creating.

Too many things to single out
A lot of people tend to struggle singling out things they're grateful for and I feel like that can sometimes be attributed to the fact that there is always an infinite list of opportunities to seek positivity in and often people overlook that. It's important to be aware that something major doesn't need to happen in order for you to be thankful for it and you also don't need to have 'more' than someone else in order to express your gratitude. Gratitude is the open door to abundance and if you're struggling to single out things in your life, just be thankful for EVERYTHING. Look around you and feel happy about all that you have and all which you are, no matter how silly or small it may seem to others.

What are you feeling positive about this week?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig