Saturday 3 January 2015

What I Got For Christmas 2014

I apologise for this post’s lack of punctuality, but since we haven’t reached Twelfth Night just yet, I figured the festive spirit should be here to stay for a little longer. Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, it’s the season of ultimate gratitude and I can’t wait to show you all some of the lovely things I was privileged to receive over the holiday. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see reviewed or talked about more in a future post!

FASHION
primark leather jacket

Leather jacket - Primark
Floral top - New Look
Jumper - F&F
I feel like I'm a bit late jumping onto the bandwagon, but this is the first leather jacket I've owned and I can't wait to wear it! It's perfect for adding edge to your outfit whilst also keeping warm and cosy in this harsh winter weather. I'm especially loving the zip feature on the right-hand navy jumper and, yes, I am already planning my summer wardrobe. Floral print galore, anyone?
 black tab lock across body bag new look bowler hat h&m
Bag - New Look (x)
Hat - H&M
I've been in dire need of a new bag ever since the clasp on my old one broke and this box-shaped one is perfect: cute, stylish and practical - what more could a girl want? Moving on, I've always lusted over fashion bloggers who can pull off a hat, but now I have my own, I'm not entirely sure if I'm brave enough to actually wear it out yet. You'll definitely have to wait and see if I take the plunge and it ends up appearing in any future OOTDs!

statement jewellery
Star & Moon Necklace - New Look
Ah, accessories... the ultimate way to transform an outfit in seconds. I've always been a fan of statement jewellery (particularly that gorgeous chunky ring!) but something different that's become a newfound favourite of mine is the cosmic necklace on the left that my friend, Lauren, got me. I absolutely love the dichotomy of the moon and the star and feel like it represents 'Lunar Look' so aptly. 

SKINCARE
nelsons pure & clear i love vanilla & ice cream
Mulberry, Hollyhock & Thyme Boxed Soap - Baylis & Harding (x)
Vanilla & Ice Cream Exfoliating Shower Smoothie - I Love Cosmetics
Pure & Clear Purifying Daily Facial Wash - Nelsons (x)
Pure & Clear Blemish Gel - Nelsons (x)
I've seen the 'I Love...' cosmetics range literally everywhere recently (I even tried to win one a couple weeks back) and thought it was pretty coincidental that I received a product from their range since I never explicitly asked anyone for it. I would be lying if I said I was 100% keen on the sound of a 'Vanilla & Ice Cream' scent but I don't think I'm that fussy as to ultimately let it bother me. I haven't tried the Baylis soap yet, but I can say that the Nelsons Pure & Clear range is legitimately my skincare saviour! After seeing it recommended it a while ago by BINTM winner, Letitia, I've been using it ever since and have had no problems with it at all. Definite favourite.


FRAGRANCEcharlie red taylor swift wonderstruck enchanted perfume
Charlie Red Body Fragrance Spray 75ml
Charlie Red Eau Fraiche Natural Spray 100ml
Taylor Swift Enchanted Wonderstruck Eau De Parfum
Another weird occurrence here - my mother and brother both randomly decided to buy me Charlie Red without having any knowledge of the other's purchase. Maybe they thought it suited me...? Either way, it certainly smells lovely. I also received another one of my gal Taylor Swift's perfumes and am starting to acquire a pretty impressive collection now. You can read a review I posted on her most recent fragrance here. This also excites me as it's a reminder that I'm seeing her live for the second time in June!!! Can't wait.

HAIR
doughnut ring original pink fizz tangle teezer
Hair Doughnut Ring
The Original Pink Fizz Tangle Teezer (x)
Doughnut rings are a completely new thing to me. I mean, I've seen them around before but I had no clue how easy and useful they seem to be. I've always wondered how girl's manage to create such perfect hair buns, so I'm definitely going to start practising with this handy contraption. A Tangle Teezer has been on my mental wishlist for months, since it appears that every blogger has one except for me, and now I can finally say that I'm the proud owner of one. I'm yet to test it out, but can sense a full review coming in the next few weeks!


BEAUTY
collection lasting colour lipstick vintage rose sweet tart
collection lasting colour lipstick vintage rose sweet tart
Lasting Colour Lipstick  'Vintage Rose' - Collection (x
Lasting Colour Lipstick 'Sweet Tart' - Collection (x)
Collection's 'Lasting Colour' lipstick range is my absolute favourite and I can't wait to expand my collection (no pun intended) even further. I already own the 'Valentine' shade and both of these colours have exceeded my expectations. They last the entire evening, through eating and drinking, without smudging at all and even come with this mini case which is super handy for reapplying on the go.

BOOKS
the book thief markus zusak survival songs meggie royer
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Survival Songs - Meggie C. Royer
As pretty much everyone who knows me is aware of, I'm a huge bookworm and lover of poetry so I couldn't have been more excited to receive two of my favourite reads. I've read 'The Book Thief' at the library before (and seen the movie) so I couldn't resist getting my own copy since it's become one of my most loved books and I honestly think I could read it a hundred times over without getting bored. 'Survival Songs' is by my favourite modern poet, Meggie, whom I've followed on social media for years, so seeing her success and growth as an author is something that makes me extremely happy. Aside from sharing her beautiful words with us, she's currently trying to pay for her college tuition and would appreciate it all the more if you could support her work here
.  
MISCELLANEOUS
miley cyrus 2015 calendar
Tartan Throw
Miley Cyrus 2015 Calendar
Mini 2015 Diary
Alarm Clock
Finally, all the little cute bits... yes, Miley is cute, I don't care who you are. If it wasn't already official, it is now: I am tartan OBSESSED and have no plans for rehab. PS. isn't that the most adorable clock you've ever seen?!

What was your favourite gift this Christmas?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

11 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you got a leather jacket and a hair donut! I need one of those (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gifts! I really want to get a tangle teezer and the moon and star necklace looks lovely, so cute! x

    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so many great things, especially all of the jewellery and your jacket too! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year, and you have an even more wonderful 2015!

    Emma xo // Wallflower Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great gifts! the little bag is so cute and I'm loving the leather jacket and the tartan throw! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year lovely :)

    Tasha xo
    skinnysandstripes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief is my favorite book. I hope you enjoy it.

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    The Crown Wings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that jacket is Primark! You got some lovely bits :-)
    http://vixmeldrew.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got some pretty awesome items!!!! Those tops and jacket is adorable, that hat and bag ahhhh need them in my life!!! And yes that clock is the cutest thing ever...it looks so small!!! I got a black purse I've been hinting for a long time for so I'm one happy girl when I ripped it open to find that haha!

    P.S I came over from Twitter #bdib thanks for sending me the link, I'm enjoying reading your blog
    Jasmine :)
    colorubold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the jumper from F&F! I've noticed that my wardrobe has so many dark colours at the moment so I'm trying to buy white and pastel coloured clothes only, haha :)

    My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many gorgeous items! I love the bag and The Book Thief is by far one of my favourites :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig