Monday 11 January 2016

Word of the Week | PRONOIA

Welcome to a sparkly new series on Lunar Look! I am madly in love with words (perhaps even more so than I am with numbers!) and I've spent a great portion of my life discovering, analysing and obsessing over vocabulary - all while being in awe at the subtlety of the English language. I have sat for hours contemplating the seemly insignificant difference between the words 'eternal' and 'immortal'; while many simply see these as synonyms, I firmly believe that no two words can be identical in meaning and effect. Every string of 26 characters is unique. 

As language evolves, I constantly find myself discovering new words and phrases to describe incredible feelings, beliefs and occurrences that many didn't know even existed. That is why I decided to start this new 'Word of the Week' series. Each week, probably on a Monday, I will pick an obscure or interesting word to create a post around. It might be meaningful, it might be strange or it might simply just be beautiful. Either way, I can only hope it inspires you to see the magic, beauty and power of words. (Or at least just helps to improve the world's vocabulary!)

word of the week pronoia

PRONOIA
Definition: the belief that the universe is conspiring in your favour

We've all heard of paranoia, but not many are aware of its wonderful antonym. I picked it because I've been living in a state of pronoia for the past few years of my life and I didn't even know there was a word for it until last year! The Universe always knows best even if you think you know better. I choose to have faith that everything is coming together and unfolding perfectly, rather than fearing that it isn't. How blessed we are. How wonderful life is. To know there are forces out there happening right now that you don't even know about. The Universe is always on your side.

Liked this new series? Tweet me at @TheNinaJC and check back next week to see the new word!

What do you think of this week's word 'pronoia'?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig