Monday 18 January 2016

Word of the Week | APRICITY

Welcome to Word of the Week! I hope you guys enjoyed reading last week's post as much as I loved writing it. As a writer and (self-proclaimed) wordsmith, I'm absolutely fascinated by obscure and felicitous words; it's so much fun discovering them, exploring their derivations and, most importantly, getting to share them with all of you.
word of the week apricity
APRICITY
Definition: the warmth of the sun in winter

This week's word comes from the Latin meaning "to bask in the sun" and, I must say, it is a beautiful one. Apricity has long been one of my favourite words because it describes something so simple and yet incredibly sublime. My poetical brain can see such potential for an amazing extended metaphor that it could be used for!

If you liked this series, be sure to check back next Monday for a fab new word.

What do you think of this week's word?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen a post like this before - what a unique idea! Love the meaning of the word. When it's sunny but cold, it's quite possibly the best.

    Lovely post.

    Emma Louise xx
    www.owlsandstags.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting series! (: And what a beautiful word for such a specific feeling. I do love apricity while I wait for the summer months. Did I use that correctly? Haha.

    Lots of Love,
    Manpreet | Simply M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea and love the word. A cold but sunny day is one of my favourites :)

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig