Friday 22 January 2016

My Favourite Quotes from Macbeth

Macbeth is pretty much my favourite play ever. I love Shakespeare in general but there's something so special about Macbeth, that I just can't pinpoint, which sets it apart from other tragedies. I recently watched the new film version and I have to say it was my favourite yet (I've seen the Polanski and Gould ones plus Verdi's opera) although it did annoy me a little how they omitted some really great quotes and scenes. But anyway, we're also studying Macbeth in A Level English literature and the exam is closed text so me sharing my favourite quotes with you is basically revision for me too. It's a win-win situation, right?
macbeth shakespeare quotes
macbeth shakespeare play

"Stars, hide your fires; let not light see my black and deep desires."

"What's done is done."

"There's no art
To find the mind's construction in the face"

"It will have blood, they say. Blood will have blood."

"Will all great Neptune's ocean wash this blood
Clean from my hand? No, this my hand will rather
The multitudinous seas incarnadine,
Making the green one red."

"My hands are of your colour, but I shame 
To wear a heart so white."

"It will be rain tonight."
"Let it come down."

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig