Tuesday 8 September 2015

Why I Dislike Competition (But Love Winning)

I know what you're thinking. That post title sounds like a mix between a paradox and the life motto of a sore loser, right? It does initially seem like an absurd statement to make and it actually took me a long time to figure out and comprehend fully myself, but when I did it pretty much felt like a eureka moment and as a result I have more faith in my personal beliefs than ever before. 
As I'm sure most of you are aware, I am a prolific giveaway winner. Multiple times each month I have exciting parcels/tickets delivered to my door and I'm extremely thankful for that. Winning 'stuff' comes so naturally to me now that I've rightly earned the title of 'luckiest person ever' in many people's eyes. So as you can expect, often times people are confused when I tell them that I don't actually participate in what I call 'competition'. Yes, I enter giveaways and love winning them. Yes, I strive to achieve the highest grades possible. Yes, I enjoy getting the top score in quizzes. However, what I don't involve myself in is what I see as almost like direct 'war' between two people. I don't make bets on things, I don't race to complete tasks and I don't need to see somebody else fall in order for me to rise. I have absolutely zero interest in beating others or being better than anybody else. All I'm focused on is working on my own life and improving myself instead of positioning myself in a state of comparison.

Am I making sense? I feel like it's complicated to understand, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't like this competitive attitude people have as it always seems to come from a place of lack rather than abundance. I've had this innate viewpoint of mine for ages but I've never really understood why or how it can be possible to hold it and still enjoy 'winning' at the same time. Until now, when I realised from one of my favourite books that, like war, in competition there aren't ANY winners - we all lose.

"Competition is an example of separation. When you have thoughts of competition, it is coming from a lack mentality, as you are saying there is a limited supply. You are saying there is not enough for everybody, so we have to compete and fight to get things. When you compete you can never win, even if you think you won. By the law of attraction, as you compete you will attract many people and circumstances to compete against You in every single aspect of your life, and in the end you will lose. We are all One, and so when you compete, you compete against You. You have to get competition out of your mind, and become a creative mind. Focus only on your dreams, your visions, and take all competition out of the equation."

TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote, I really makes you think differently about competition! I also enjoy winning but not to the extent I compete at everything in life, it should only be for ourselves! x

    www.thedressdiaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say I've ever won a competition haha :) - although my luck has definitely changed recently x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig