Monday 28 September 2015

Cosmopolitan Fashion Awards 2015

Last week saw the final event of Cosmopolitan's exciting #FashionFest: five days of fashion events including a lingerie show, accessories showcase and most importantly - the Cosmo Fashion Awards. Voted by more than 10,000 readers and judged by an expert panel of industry-insiders, Britain's favourite fashion retailers went head-to-head in over ten different categories, with only one coming out on top. See the full winners list below as I discuss my thoughts and decide on a verdict for each of the choices.
cosmopolitan fashion awards 2015
BEST FOR DENIM Topshop
When I think of Topshop, their selection of denim definitely springs to mind first! That's why I just had to include them in my Denim Edit post earlier this summer. Their jeans are particularly my favourite as, although I don't wear them often, I can always tell when someone's wearing Topshop just by looking at them. Verdict: Agree

BEST FOR CURVES Evans
I can't really have an opinion on this one as none of their clothing sizes fit me, so I've never even browsed let alone shopped there. I'm gonna have to pass this one over to you guys in the comment section! Verdict: N/A

BEST FOR ARM CANDY Very
After a quick scan of their website, I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Their selection is okay but it's not anything great compared to other brands. I really like River Island's handbags and purses but if we're talking about designer labels, I still think shops such as House of Fraser have a much nicer selection. Verdict: Disagree

BEST FOR HOT HEELS New Look
Yessssss. Most of my shoes are from New Look and I think they have such a wide range of styles and colours. Whereas other shops seem to lean towards a certain type of shoe, New Look seems to be the best at providing for everyone's tastes. Verdict: Agree

BEST FOR LUSCIOUS LINGERIE Freya
Honestly, I'm not really familiar with Freya at all. When I think of lingerie retailers, brands such as Boux Avenue, Victoria's Secret and Ann Summers come to mind. Maybe Freya are great, but I don't think they've captured the attention and loyalty of most customers just yet. Verdict: Disagree

BEST FOR STATEMENT JEWELLERY Swarovski
I'm in crystal heaven looking at Swarovski's range right now. I would never fork out that much on a piece of jewellery, but I can definitely see the appeal in their gorgeous pieces. Verdict: Agree

BEST FOR ONLINE OFFERING ASOS
Everyone always bangs on about Asos but I personally can't see what the hype's about. After hearing so many horror stories of parcels going missing, I can't see myself ever shopping there. Perhaps the appeal is having so many brands on one site and getting student discount on them all? I don't know. Personally I prefer sites like Missguided, Boohoo and Pretty Little Thing. Verdict: Disagree

BEST FOR RED CARPET READY Coast
Coast have a concession in the store I work at and I have to admit I do see a lot of customers try on their clothing and they always look amazing! I think they're perfect for formal occasions such as weddings, christenings and dressing up while on holiday. Verdict: Agree

THE COSMO LUST-HAVE AWARD Swarovski
Basically all the feels I was feeling three paragraphs up. Verdict: Agree

ULTIMATE RETAILER OF THE YEAR H&M
When I first heard H&M had won this award, I was pretty shocked. To me, H&M's clothing always seems to be really poor quality and the sizings are always so messed up. However after looking through bloggers' Autumn clothing hauls, a lot of the items I liked were actually from H&M. Their clothing is great for basics yet are stylish at the same time and their brand seems to be relevant on the social media scene. PS. I am in love with the new #HMBALMAINATION campaign featuring Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Jourdan Dunn! Verdict: Agree

Do you agree with the winners of the Cosmo Fashion Awards? 
Who do you think was worthy of winning instead?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a really interesting post :) I deffo agree about Topshop having the best denim and New Look having amazing shoes. Can't say I agree about Swarovski or Coast though!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I definitely agree with H&M for best retailer I love their clothes and they're so affordable! And new look are the queen of shoes so they definitely deserve their award! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig