Monday 29 September 2014

Outfit Of The Day: Monochrome Madness

monochrome kimono outfit
Kimono - Chiara Fashion | Top - Primark | Jeans - Celeb Look* | Shoes - George

Who says kimonos are only ever good for summer? This geometric dog-tooth print from Chiara Fashion proves to be the perfect transitional piece as we approach the colder months, with the lightweight fabric being apropos for autumn/winter layering. I've paired it with a newfound favourite of mine - these black skinnies, courtesy of Celeb Look. They are undoubtedly the most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever owned and the high-waist makes it seem as if my legs go on foreverrrrrr.

To finish off the outfit, I opted for a simple flat shoe since my friend/photographer-for-the-day and I went to an advanced screening of 'What We Did On Our Holiday' before taking these photos last weekend, and let's be real - I was not going to be that one girl dressed up to the nines just to sit in a dark cinema room! (Yes, those kind of people do exist.) Although I'm digressing slightly, the film had a lovely 'feel-good' message behind it and I'd seriously recommend seeing it, especially if you're a fan of the TV series 'Outnumbered' like me. P.S. Billy Connolly = amazing!

monochrome kimono outfit

monochrome kimono outfit

What do you think of my monochrome look?

Nina JC xo

8 comments:

  1. I love monochrome looks! I think they're perfect for going into Autumn with! That kimono looks so comfy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the dogtooth pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you balanced the pattern by making it monochrome! Looks great! :)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dogtooth kimono is completely gorgeous, I'm definitely going to be looking at getting myself one when payday finally comes around.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! Dog tooth is one of my favourite prints, especially in black and white, so easy to wear! :)

    Anna xx

    http://madeupstyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beaut!
    I love this print at the moment
    Jess x
    Sprinkleofneon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a lovely look!


    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig