Sunday 25 October 2015

OOTD | Mixing Prints with Minus Ten

lunar look autumn outfit fashion
lunar look minus ten clothing ootd
Top - Minus Ten* | Scarf - New Look | Leggings - Primark | Boots - River Island

Usually I would never think to wear a striped top with a tartan scarf but it just didn't seem so atrocious when I was contemplating what to wear the shirt with today. Although that's mainly because it's getting cold and I just love cosy scarves! I feel like I'm channelling my inner emo in this outfit - which definitely was not intentional - but it's Halloween in just under a week so I guess it's allowed, right?

The nautical style top I'm wearing is courtesy of Minus Ten and, despite my risky mixing of prints, I really do love the concept of their clothing store. As a brand which caters for sizes 4-10, it's great to see a brand which is finally targeting a market of women which has been ignored for so long. There's been a huge rise in plus-size brands in recent years but there are still very few shops which stock a substantial amount below size 8. I got this top in a size 8 but I could have probably done with getting a 6 instead as it's supposed to be body-hugging but it's a bit baggy around my waist. It's great knowing that there's a shop out there which will cater for those with slimmer frames as in the majority of high-street chains you would have no other option than to leave or stick with the large size. I'm not the smallest of people but it is definitely a struggle when you either can't get jeans over your hips or are left with a huge gap around your waist!

What do you think of mixing bold prints? Yay or nay?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

3 comments:

  1. Amazing outfit, I love your boots! You look gorgeous. And I really like these two prints together, it looks great <3

    Valentina from FASHION with VALENTINA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! pattern mixing is great :)

    Lee / leethrifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cosy outfit, especially because it's a stripy top! Great to hear there is a clothing brand catering more to your needs!
    Bee | QueenBeady.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig