Friday 16 October 2015

No One Has Ever Become Poor By Giving

If you are reading this, you are part of the privileged 40% of the world population with access to the internet. Perhaps many of you are part of the even smaller group who are reading this blog on the latest smartphone or technology product. When we read statistics like this it is evident that many of us living in Western societies are privileged beyond compare... and yet, so few of us truly feel like we have much to be thankful for.
hand held out giving

I've observed a lot of people and have done a lot of thinking and I seriously wonder "How much material 'stuff' do people have to acquire before they begin to see that they have more than enough?" I've come to the conclusion that many people's answer to this question is that the limit does not exist. The ideology of our society is seeing happiness as an end result. We will work hard and achieve our goals and then only after that will we be happy. The reality is that we end up getting stuck in the vicious cycle of wanting more and more and more without ever appreciating what we have when we acquire it. This works for both physical and mental 'things'. Be happy now... because the fact is that money can never buy happiness, but happiness will always attract abundance and wealth.

The main reason for me writing this post came to me after viewing the way many British people have been treating homeless people and refugees. It's disgusting that so many adopt the view that being from a different country or making some unfortunate choices in life somehow makes you less of a human being. I can't imagine what it must feel like having no home to go to but I also can't imagine what it feels like to be so venomous in side that you have zero compassion for those who are worse off than you. 

The truth is that people hate giving money to homeless people. You hear it all the time - people complaining about how all it does is fuel their addiction and you can really sense it in these people's voices how offended they feel at giving away their hard-earned money. While I can understand how easy it is to feel uptight about not wanting to share your wealth, it honestly is such a toxic mentality to have. When you cling onto the wealth you have you are sending out messages to the universe that you don't believe there is another to go around. You are voluntarily placing yourself in a 'lack' mentality and anyone who does that will forever be in poverty. It's difficult to learn how to do but you will benefit so much more if you could just see how privileged you are... to see how there is more than enough to go around... to understand how no one has ever become poor by giving. 

In the context of this post I have been talking about money. However, it is true for so much more than that. Today I challenge you all to let go of all mentalities that no longer benefit you, free yourself from the lie that there isn't enough for everyone to live in abundance and have faith in the knowledge that you receive whatever you give unto others... below is a powerful affirmation that I'd encourage everyone to practise each day:

financially free affirmation

"No man can become rich, without enriching others. Anyone who adds to prosperity - must prosper in turn."
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOKBLOGLOVIN' 

3 comments:

  1. This is such an important post. So many people won't give away their money to someone in need. I recently went into my own business (ish) and I've found that I don't need the money I'm earning. People keep telling me to "treat myself" but I honestly have nothing that I find is essential really, so I donate from my profits to charity, and this christmas I'll be sending gifts to people in need.

    Christmas time is so money focussed, it's sad that people forget to donate to the people who won't be opening gifts (not that that's what it's all about anyway).

    Great post. :) Rebekka

    foreverebekka.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read cool writing and exam tips at https://pro-essay-writer.com/blog/study-for-exams.html which are contributed by people who already experienced all these things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig